Welcome to Rochdale Ophthalmology Clinical Assessment and Treatment Service (CATS)
We’re here to provide high quality, fast and convenient assessment and treatment services for you if you live in Rochdale and are experiencing eye-related problems.
Rochdale Ophthalmology CATS is commissioned by Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale CCG and operated by Care UK, an independent company that provides services to NHS patients. We have an impressive track record in patient care and clinical success. Find out more.
What services do we offer at Rochdale Ophthamology CATS?
We are committed to high quality care, and our range of assessment and treatment services includes:
- Glaucoma service
- Pre-operative assessments
- Cataract surgery
- Post-operative cataract assessment
- One Stop Minor Operation Service
- Laser service for Glaucoma and Post Cataracts
- Surgery for retinal diseases
- Fast track macula degeneration service
- Medical retina service
- Urgent referrals accepted from GPs or optometrists
- Domiciliary visits for existing glaucoma patients
- Experienced NHS consultants & ophthalmic nurses
What are the average treatment and recovery time?
We aim to help patients to see a consultant and have any diagnostics tetst during the same visit, where possible - helping you to feel better, faster.
We aim to complete each episode of care within four to six weeks, leading to potentially shorter treatment and recovery times.
Where can you find us?
You can find us in the Croft Shifa Health Centre, Belfield Road, Rochdale and at the Phoenix Centre in Heywood.
We hope you find what you need on this site. If you have any questions, please give us a call.